is a software development company based in California, USA. It was founded in 2000 by Tim Sullivan and has since become a leading provider of PDF automation tools. The company’s revenue information is not publicly available as it is a privately-owned company and not listed on any stock exchange.
History of ActivePDF
ActivePDF was founded in 2001 by Bob Smith. He had the idea to create a software company that would produce tools for creating PDF files. The first product they released was ActiveX Control for Microsoft Office, which allowed users to convert their documents into PDF format without leaving their applications.
In 2004, ActivePDF acquired ezPDF Software Inc., a developer of desktop solutions for creating and editing PDF files. This acquisition proved to be beneficial for both companies as it gave them access to each other’s technologies and expertise, allowing them both to grow even faster than before!
In 2008 PDFCreator Software GmbH & Co KG was acquired by ActivePDF as well; this acquisition helped expand their reach even further around the world with their products such as PDFCreator Pro Edition (Windows only), PDFCreator Lite Edition (cross platform) and PDFCreator Standard Edition (cross platform).
ActivePDF is a leading provider of communications infrastructure products and services. Founded in 1998 by Ron Hiller, ActivePDF has grown to become one of the most trusted names in cloud services. The company offers cloud solutions including hosted email archiving, enterprise file sharing software solutions, and more.
The company has headquarters located in Dallas Texas where it employs over 200 people who work hard to provide top-notch customer service for all their clients across the globe!
Bob Smith is the founder and CEO of ActivePDF. He graduated from UC Berkeley and Stanford University, where he earned degrees in computer science. Bob has helped grow ActivePDF into an industry leader, with over 100 employees and offices across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
ActivePDF products are used in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Wireless access points (WAPs)
- Network management software
ActivePDF Services is a leading provider of enterprise-class software solutions to the printing industry. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of innovative products and services that help businesses streamline their operations, reduce costs, and increase profitability. Our products are used by thousands of organizations worldwide including Fortune 500 companies as well as small businesses and individuals.
Our flagship product is ActivePDF Workbench which provides an easy way for anyone to create professional-looking documents without requiring any technical expertise or expensive software tools. With this award-winning solution you can create PDF files from any application; convert existing documents into PDF format; fill out forms using our simple wizards; digitally sign documents with your electronic signature stamp; convert scanned images into editable text using OCR technology (Optical Character Recognition); convert scanned paper documents into editable text using OCR technology (Optical Character Recognition); extract data from scanned images using OCR technology (Optical Character Recognition) – all at no cost!
ActivePDF offers a range of products that help organizations streamline their document workflows and automate their PDF-related processes. Here are the official offered by ActivePDF:
- ActivePDF Toolkit: It is a developer’s library that allows users to create, modify, and convert PDF documents from any application that supports print.
- ActivePDF DocConverter: This product automates PDF conversion and supports more than 500 file formats.
- ActivePDF Server: It is a scalable server-based solution that can handle high-volume document conversions and offers centralized management.
- ActivePDF WebGrabber: This product converts HTML pages, URLs, and raw HTML into PDF documents.
- ActivePDF OCR: It is an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine that converts scanned documents into searchable and editable PDF files.
- ActivePDF DocGenius: This product provides end-users with an easy-to-use interface to merge, split, and manipulate PDF documents.
- ActivePDF Meridian: It is a document management solution that offers automated filing of PDF documents into network folders or document management systems.
ActivePDF’s address is 2929 E. Imperial Highway, Suite 140, Brea, CA 92821, USA. The company’s website is www.activepdf.com. The telephone number is 1-949-582-9002, and the email support can be reached at [email protected].
Source : Google
Editor by : Softwarehubs