Red Hat is a software company that provides open source solutions. They offer products such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, JBoss middleware, OpenShift PaaS and more.
The company was founded in 1993 by Bob Young and Marc Ewing after they saw an opportunity to provide Linux as a service (LaaS). Their first product was named Red Hat Linux because it was based on the Debian distribution of Linux. The name stuck even after they stopped using Debian as their base system and started developing their own distro called Fedora Core (now known as Fedora).
History of Red Hat
Red Hat was founded in 1993 by Bob Young and Marc Ewing. The company began as a distributor of Linux, but has since expanded into other areas such as cloud computing and open source software development tools.
Financials of Red Hat
- Stock ticker: RHAT
- Revenues over the years: $2.2 billion in 2018, up from $1 billion in 2017 and $823 million in 2016.
- Number of employees: 13,000 worldwide
Products and Services
Red Hat offers a wide range of products and services, from software to hardware. The following is a list of all the products and services that Red Hat provides:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is an operating system based on Fedora Linux. It can be used as an alternative to Windows Server or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
- Red Hat OpenStack Cloud Software provides access to cloud computing resources through open source software tools such as cinder, nova and swift
Company Address, Phone and Email
The Red Hat headquarters is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company’s address is:
- Red Hat, Inc.
- 100 E. Davie Street, Suite 300
Raleigh NC 27601 USA
Source of Information
The information in this article has been sourced from trusted sources.
- Red Hat’s website, which can be found at https://www.redhat.com/en/about/.
- The company’s Wikipedia entry, which can be accessed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_(software_company).
In conclusion, the Red Hat brand is more than just a name. It’s a symbol of innovation, quality and trust. The company has built its reputation on these pillars over time by providing excellent products and services that meet customer needs.
The Red Hat brand has been around for over 25 years now, but it doesn’t look like it will be going anywhere anytime soon!
Source : Google
Editor by : Softwarehubs